Thursday, February 16, 2012

Together again...

   I walked along the peaceful boulevard as I felt the coldness penetrate my skin and deeper to my bones. I breathed deeply as I waited for the first ray of light to strike the place, for only light could eat up the truth that I am a lonely, homeless child. Time after time, I witnessed how the silent city transformed into a busy place. People passing by, vehicles beeping loudly, and establishments starting to open for the day made me smile. It was a joyous scene for me. Now, I'm not alone at all.

   I rushed inside a shopping mall as I happily watched the summer displays. Every item justified the summer sensation. I was about to touch a ball when a little girl appeared in front of me. She was smiling as she called her mother and pointed the ball. Her mother walked towards my direction as she stared at me. I pitied myself and walked away. I thought deeply... if only my mother's alive, maybe I would be as happy as the little girl.

   As I continued walking, something stunned me. A gold necklace! I looked around. There were no signs of "whoever" could have dropped the necklace. I picked it up and carefully inspected. Moments later, I heard a whistle blowing from somewhere. I glanced for awhile and saw a security guard running towards me. His eyes showed how eager he was to capture me. I didn't know what to do. I ran away. I ran as fast as I could. But together with my heartbeat, the whistle just got louder and louder every second. Tears streamed down my face. I was hopeless.

   Bang! A loud sound stopped me. I felt a pain on my lower back. Seconds later, my innocent body finally met the ground. I opened my eyes slightly as I watched the clear sky. The clouds were as though forming the image of my mother. I closed my eyes and whispered, "Mom, this will be my happiest day. I will be with you again, soon." With all the might left inside me, I smiled for the last time. Everything was out of my consciousness now.

No comments:

Post a Comment