Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prince Charming


If I look unto the sky
where the sun and clouds meet,
will I find my man
flying in a silly red sheet?

If I get lost in a forest
and bite a poisonous apple,
will my hero save me,
my prince so handsome and tall?

If I kiss a thousand frogs,
each with a thousand warts,
will I sooner find the right one which
to a prince charming distorts?

If I grow my hair so long
and trap myself on top of the tower,
will my man dare go all the way up
to take me with him forever?

Every night I wish upon a star
that a knight in shining armor I'll find.
Every minute of the day I'm dreaming,
seeing me and my prince in my mind.

Yet the hum of the wind stopped me
as it whispered to my ear:
"The best author, God, is still writing
your best love story, dear.."

No comments:

Post a Comment